Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm Back!

This past year has been a very busy one for me. We have been very fortunate that the studio has been  booked solid. I moved a couple of months ago and have been buried under boxes ever since.
I enjoy writing this blog, and it bothers me that I haven't put time aside to keep it up to date.
So if you are checking in, check back in a week or two and some new ideas that I have been working on should be posted.
The great innovator and recording engineer Roger Nichols passed away this week. He was known most for his work with Steely Dan but he was an incredible inventor as well . I only had the pleasure of working with Roger once during the Quincy Jones produced, Phil Ramone engineered Sinatra album " L.A. is My Lady".  Inventor of one of the first audio samplers, and engineer of some of the greatest records of my time, he will be missed.
B

1 comment:

  1. southwes recording studio is designed to handle every aspect
    of the Creative Audio process. Including, voiceover recording
    and ADR, locally and via worldwide ISDN, radio production, 5.1
    surround audio post production, original music, and sound
    design for television, film, internet and gaming. Plus,
    songwriting, indie and contract artist album production,
    recording, mixing, and mastering.

    recording studio southwest
    somerset recording studio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete